Advanced Credit/Dual Enrollment

As a new student at BU, you may be eligible for advanced credit that can be used to fulfill your major?requirements. It can also be used as elective credit.

Advanced credit can be helpful if you are planning:

  • Dual concentration
  • BU Dual Degree program
  • Combined BA/MA or BS/MS program
  • Early graduation

You can qualify for advanced credit based on any of the following:

Superior results on any of these examinations demonstrate a level of achievement beyond most standard high school programs. In some cases, final credit will be determined by the student’s BU School or College of admission. In order to receive credit, students must provide original documentation when it is available. Admissions may request additional credentials as needed.

Boston University reserves the right to reevaluate and update the above policies at any time.

Advanced Placement Credit

Most programs at Boston University award credit for test scores of 4 or 5 on most AP Examinations. For some programs and exams, credit is awarded for a score of 3. Please refer to our Advanced Credit Guide?for more information. To receive Advanced Placement credit, make sure your official examination scores are submitted directly to BU by the College Board. Boston University’s College Entrance Examination Board code is 3087.

Credit for College Coursework/Dual Enrollment

BU generally awards credit for liberal arts courses completed with a grade of C or better at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution. Professional courses may transfer at the discretion of the admitting BU school or college. Courses taken at international universities are subject to approval. Please see the High School/Dual Enrollment policy in our academic bulletin for full details.

The basic unit of credit at Boston University is the semester hour. A typical, full-time course load is 16 hours per semester—usually four courses of four semester hours each. For transferable courses on a semester-credit-hour system, you’ll receive an equal number of semester hours. For courses on a quarter-credit-hour system, you’ll get two-thirds of the total number of quarter-hours. In most cases, the admitting school or college issues the final evaluation.

In order to seek credit for college-level work completed prior to matriculation (pre-college credit) into an undergraduate program:

  • Students must request that the external college or university send an official college or university transcript and course syllabus to the University Registrar for transfer credit evaluation.
  • The high school sponsoring the dual enrollment must certify that the course(s) under consideration for transfer credit did not fulfill high school degree requirements.
  • The transfer of credit will be determined per the policy on Transfer of Undergraduate Credit from US Institutions.

                                  1. 246631500 2018-02-23
                                  2. 7771211499 2018-02-23
                                  3. 1961711498 2018-02-23
                                  4. 7381021497 2018-02-23
                                  5. 2044551496 2018-02-23
                                  6. 45711495 2018-02-23
                                  7. 3013541494 2018-02-22
                                  8. 5411151493 2018-02-22
                                  9. 3598731492 2018-02-22
                                  10. 478721491 2018-02-22
                                  11. 4112811490 2018-02-22
                                  12. 3168941489 2018-02-22
                                  13. 4119901488 2018-02-22
                                  14. 48151487 2018-02-22
                                  15. 2028081486 2018-02-22
                                  16. 3726101485 2018-02-22
                                  17. 8903921484 2018-02-22
                                  18. 143131483 2018-02-22
                                  19. 3119001482 2018-02-22
                                  20. 8105351481 2018-02-21