Welcome to the home of the Boston University Family Medicine Global Health Collaborative. Through this initiative, the Boston University?Department of Family Medicine has reaffirmed?its commitment to improving health access and supporting the provision of primary care services for the underserved around the world.
Every person has a competent?and?well-trained primary care team caring for them regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, geographic locale, economic status, disease burden or health status.
The mission of the Collaborative is to raise the level of health care for populations world-wide by enhancing primary care through medical education, improving health systems management, increasing access to high quality?clinical services, supporting policy development and promoting research and evaluation.
In order to accomplish our mission, we will partner with local organizations and institutions to engage in capacity building and health system strengthening by engaging in the following key activities:
- Partnering with and developing future health care leaders to be champions for primary care
- Support development of educational programs for local teams of practitioners in building/increasing competency to provide?full-spectrum primary care services to all
- Integrating primary care into existing academic and training institutions
- Provide expertise in clinical service delivery and local systems of management
- Consult with governmental and non-governmental organizations to strengthen health care systems through primary care policy development
- Support research and evaluation on primary care development
- Fostering alliances with other international and regional organizations to promote global health equity