2018 BU Benefits Center
We’re excited to announce the BU Benefits Center, a new site for managing all of your BU employee benefit elections. We are rolling out this new site in two phases.
Phase 1: Boston University Retirement Savings Program – For 2018 Only – Available Now!
The BU Benefits Center provides a simplified way to enroll in and manage your contributions to the Supplemental Retirement & Savings Plan and the BU Retirement Plan. Through the BU Benefits Center, you will also have direct access to tools and resources to help you learn about the retirement benefits available to you and assist you in making decisions about your contributions.
What You Can Do on the BU Benefits Center (For 2018 Only)
Through this new tool, you have the ability to:
- Enroll in the Supplemental Retirement & Savings Plan (if you are a part-time or temporary employee)
- View your current contribution rate
- Increase, decrease or stop your contributions
- Change your contribution tax status (from tax-deferred to after-tax, or vice versa)
- Find useful information to help you choose investment funds that align with your risk tolerance
Find the BU Benefits Center at Employee Self Service on the BUworks portal.
Phase 2: All Other Benefit Elections –
Coming Later in 2018!
Later in 2018, you will be able use the BU Benefits Center to manage all of your benefit plan elections. Newly hired employees will use the BU Benefits Center to easily enroll for benefits when they join BU. Existing employees will be able to make changes to elections during the annual open enrollment period, or for midyear changes due to life events (such as marriage or the birth of a child).