Your 1095-C Tax Form for 2016
The 1095-C forms are mailed to Boston University employees at the end of January 2017.
Employers are required to provide the 1095-C to the following employees as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.:
- Employees enrolled in the Boston University Health Plan at any point in 2016
- Employees who worked an average of 30 or more hours per week or were considered a full-time employee in 2016
View and Print Your 1095-C
- You may view and print a copy of your 1095-C electronically by going to www.mytaxform.com.
- Under Employer Name/Code enter in 17160.
- It will then prompt you to enter a user ID which will be your full Social Security Number with no dashes or spaces.
- Next, for first time users, select “Forgot your pin” and follow the registrations process.
- Once you log in select “Get Your 2016 Tax Form Now” to access your 1095-C on-line.
The IRS will use the information reported on the 1095-C to determine whether you will pay a penalty for failing to have health care coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. If you received an Advance Premium Tax Credit, the information on the form will also help the IRS determine if you should repay any of the tax credit or receive an additional credit.
Please contact the Human Resources Service Center at [email protected] or 617-353-2380 if you have questions.