Parking & Transportation
Boston University is easily accessible by both public and private transportation. Whether you are coming from downtown, the suburbs, or even another state, you’ll find that our location is central and convenient.
An MBTA pass subsidy benefit is now available to:
- All? regular faculty and staff who order a monthly MBTA pass through Boston University for their own use;
- Faculty and staff may not simultaneously hold a University parking permit (with the exception of Red pay-on-entry permits).
You Save on Your Taxes!
This new commuter benefit, which includes the Charles River Campus and Boston University Medical Campus, assists you in multiple ways.:
- The value of the monthly subsidy is not taxable and it provides a significant cost savings to participants.
- The remaining value of the monthly pass after the subsidy will be paid through pre-tax deduction, up to a combined total of $255 per month.
The Boston University Employee MBTA Subsidy Benefit
- 35% subsidy of the cost for the monthly pass for Local Bus, Inner Express, Outer Express, Subway (LinkPass), and Commuter Rail Zone 1A
- 50% subsidy of the cost for the monthly pass for Commuter Rail Zones 1-10 and Boat
The Charles River Campus is connected by many MBTA services – the Green B Line and 57 Bus operate on Commonwealth Avenue along the entire length of campus, and the 47 and CT2 Buses, and the Yawkey Commuter Rail station serve campus.? Parking & Transportation Services can help you decide which transit pass you’ll need.
To learn more about commuting to BU and tax savings for payroll deductions for parking and public transportation, please visit Parking & Transportation Services on the Charles River Campus and Medical Campus Parking & Transportation Services on the Medical Campus.
Driving to the Charles River Campus
On campus parking availability is limited. Employees who drive and park on campus are required to display a valid BU parking permit .
Parking passes can be purchased at BUworks Central via the Employee Self-Service tab. For more information, please visit Parking & Transportation Services located at 1019 Commonwealth Avenue, or call 617-353-2160.
Driving to the Medical Campus
On campus parking availability is limited. Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to consider all commuting options before deciding to drive alone. Employees who drive and park on campus are required to display a valid BUMC parking permit. Rates vary by permit type and parking location. Please visit?Medical Campus Parking & Transportation Services, located at the 710 Albany Street Garage or call 617-638-4915.
Boston University Shuttle (The BUS)
This free bus serves the Charles River and Medical Campuses weekdays, Saturdays, and offers late night service during the academic year. Schedules and other information can be found on the website or?through the BUS app.